reader comments on this entry:
sun 2005-dec-18 21:11:12 pst
posted by neilfred
Note that of course I took this photo and uploaded it here with my cell phone, while refueling. Nothing exploded, as far as I noticed.
fri 2005-dec-30 23:50:42 pst
posted by Lilly
they tried doing this on Mythbusters and weren't able to get a ringing cellphone to cause an explosion (and boy do they love causing explosions). but sparks of static...those are bad, so getting in and out of the car (especially while wearing nylons, for example) while refueling is not a good idea unless you touch the car to release any charge. they had a video clip of the gas catching on fire while a woman was removing the nozzle from her tank.
so the sign should really say "WARNING: USE OF STATIC ELECTRICITY DURING VEHICLE REFUELING MAY CAUSE FIRE"
sat 2006-jan-28 00:08:13 pst
posted by Stacey "Cat" Burns (was Largent)
Why, hello! I believe we had a moment or two, long ago. You introduced me to new things, IIRC. *warm smile*
sat 2006-may-27 10:05:06 pdt
posted by dave
starting a vehicle with several <i>spark</i> plugs, on the other hand, is completely safe...
i added you because this week's cartoon is possibly the best i've ever seen in the tucson weekly.
post a comment on this entry